Marisha’s Guest House is ideally situated in the quiet residential area of Newbridge, with private parking, in a well lit car park, and with easy access to the city and beyond.
Getting to Bath by Train:
Bath Spa Station is in the city centre. There is a regular service from London Paddington, the South West and the North. Taxis are available outside of the station, or there is a No.1 bus which stops outside of the Guest House.
If you arrive by Coach into the Bus Station, use the taxi or No.1 bus as shown in train instructions.
From Bath City Centre:
- Leaving Bath via Queens Square (with Francis Hotel and Obelisk), look for signs towards A4 Bristol, Newbridge, Weston or Royal United Hospital
- At 2nd set of traffic lights at “The Weston” pub the road forks – take the right fork onto the A431 at mini roundabout exit slightly LEFT
- Marisha’s Guest House is about 200 yards on the right
From M4 / A46: (Avoiding Bath City Centre and one-way system – This saves at least half an hour plus MUCH frustration)
- Leave M4 at Junction 18 and take the A46 to BATH, through the village of PENNSYLVANIA
- At next ROUNDABOUT turn RIGHT on A420 towards BRISTOL
- After 1/3 mile follow sign to filter LEFT to “LANSDOWN Park and Ride”
- Along this country lane – road dips down then rises to T junction – bear LEFT and UP hill along a flat plain, past the Racecourse & Golf course then road bends left There is a large pub called the Blathwayt Arms on the right
- About 300 yards/metres past pub take RIGHT turn at new junction to WESTON. Going down the hill, passengers can admire the view, driver keep eyes on the road
- At bottom of hill there is a mini roundabout: take LEFT exit
- Drive through village, past shops and Royal United Hospital buildings, until you reach a mini roundabout.
- Turn RIGHT onto Newbridge Hill – Marisha’s is 200 yards on the RIGHT.
From Bristol Airport:
- From the main entrance to the Airport take the A38 towards Bristol past the Airport Tavern on the left
- Shortly after the pub take the next RIGHT turn signed Winford and Chew Magna
- Turn RIGHT at T Junction join B3130 following Winford and Chew Magna signs.
- At Mini Roundabout continue straight on through Chew Magna
- Take care in the village to continue on B3130 (Do not take Right turn (B3114) signed Chew Stoke)
- Continue on the B3130 to T Junction with A37
- Turn RIGHT on to Main road, down hill to and through Pensford
- After about 2 miles at Roundabout turn LEFT on to A368 towards Bath
- At traffic lights at Marksbury go straight on. The road becomes the A39
- Go through Corston to large roundabout where you join the A4.towards Bath
- Go along dual carriageway but take slip road signed Newbridge just before traffic lights at the end of the dual carriageway
- Go over the bridge and past the Newbridge Park and Ride
- Take first LEFT Old Newbridge Hill, and at the top of the hill turn RIGHT onto Newbridge Hill
- Marisha’s Guest House is about 200 yards on the left
From A39 from Wells:
- As you near Bath look for and follow sign to PARK & RIDE (NEWBRIDGE)
- Take the FIRST LEFT after the Park & Ride entrance, (Old Newbridge Hill). This steep hill has a sharp bend to the right
- At the T junction at the top of hill, turn RIGHT
- Marisha’s Guest House is 200 yards on the left
For visitors not using a car to get to Bath you have a few alternatives:
a) You can pick up a taxi, immediately outside of Bristol Airport which will bring you directly to the Guest House at a cost of approximately £37.00 (as at March 2011), and will take roughly 35 – 40 minutes.
b) You can catch the Airport Bus from outside of the Airport to Temple Meads Train Station. From there you can catch the train to Bath Spa Train Station, or the X39 Bus to Bath Bus Station. From Bath you can then take a taxi or the No. 17 bus to the Guest House.The time for this journey is approximately 1 hour 15 mins. If TWO people are travelling, the cost of using plan b) is virtually the same as plan a).